Monday, December 9, 2013

10 Secrets To Help You Improve Your Life

Hello everyone,

I have been reading a lot of books lately and following some blogs by successful people. One of the blogs that I follow is called Early to Rise. It is an incredible blog by Craig Ballantyne who is a writer for Men's Health and Men's Fitness and several other magazines. In one of his updates he talks about keeping a Gratitude Journal. I thought about this for a long time and thought about all the things that I am grateful for and decided to put a list of things I do that are helping me to improve myself every day. 

What are the daily secrets that help you improve your life, comment and let me know.


1. Read a book that will improve some aspect of your life for an hour everyday.

When I first started this I thought it was silly but the more I do the more knowledge I am obtaining on how to become a better writer, trainer, or a better contributor to society. Some of you may ask what is the secret to reading every day. I will tell you this that since I started reading books by other successful trainers I have become a better trainer. I have also started reading motivational books, and business books. Listed below are some of the best books that I have read. My list will definitely be different from yours but these secrets will help you to improve your life.





2. Take 20 minutes to meditate and do absolutely nothing let your mind wander.

Some of my best ideas come from meditating on my current problems and finding the solutions that I need to overcome them. Make sure that you do this in a quiet room and turn off all electronic devices. It will be tough at first but the more you do it the clearer your mind will become.

3. Be happier.

Happier people live longer and don't get as sick as the rest of us. The secret is to enjoy life. Smile, laugh and don't get to discouraged because tomorrow can always be better than today. Check out this article for more information on happiness

4. Say thank you.

5. Compliment someone.

Sincere appreciation towards a person can make a big difference in making someones day better. I had a lady at the grocery store tell me that she was having a terrible day. I told her that I only come to her line because she is the fastest grocer and she always has a great attitude. I told her that every time I go to the store I hope she is working and I know that she will always remember that compliment.

6. Make a list of 5 things you accomplished today.

If you write a list of things you accomplished today you will notice one of two things. 1. I was very productive or 2. I need to step up my game. This will also help you to become more productive because you will be thinking what 5 things can I accomplish tomorrow.

7. Plan ahead.

I usually plan tomorrows day the night before. I didn't always do this but I have found that I am much more productive when I do this. The secret to this one is when you plan ahead you don't have to sit around and question what you will be doing in the mornings the next day.

8. Keep a Journal to reflect on what is happening on a day to day basis.

I started keeping a gratitude journal because I was complaining that I was not making as much money as I wanted too. I told myself you need to stop thinking about all you don't have and start being thankful for what you do have. Every day I write down these things in my Journal.

G- Gratitude (what am I thankful for)
O-Opportuniy (what opportunities can I capitalize on and how can I create more of them) 
Did- What did I accomplish today
Do- What do I plan on doing tomorrow.
App- Who do I appreciate

9. Take some time out for yourself to have fun.

The secret to taking some time for yourself is not to take too much time. I know it easy to get bogged down with our day to day tasks and then get home and act like a zombie (watch TV and eat potato chips until you go to bed). I am not telling you to do that I am just telling you to enjoy your life and take 1-2 hours for yourself each day.

10.Exercise.

This one is a no brainer if you exercise your body releases endorphin's which help to lower stress. Exercise also has many other benefits which will help all aspects of your life.

Exercise:
Fights Fat
Reduces Stress
Improves Your Metabolism
Makes you look awesome in a swimsuit
Improves your confidence... and much more


What do you think about my short and sweet list please comment about the top ten things you do to improve your life?


Dedicated to helping you become your best self,

Ben Myslenski

No comments:

Post a Comment