Monday, December 16, 2013

Achieve Your New Years Resolutions Today (with bonus workout)

Achieve Your New Years Goals Today

What are you going to do today that will help you to achieve your new years goals?  What Causes you to fail? What can you do about it? Do you like feeling flabby and out of shape? Do you want to have high blood pressure and take medication? Do you want to be put on cholesterol medication? Do you want to be at an increased risk of diabetes? Are you ready to die early?

Most people seek out the path of least resistance when in comes to deciding to lose weight. We all have done this. We seek out the latest fad diet, or we choose quick fixes like surgery, and diet pills. We think if I can just lose ten pounds in ten days it will kick start a new habit. My favorite is when people including myself say I will start next week. We say this is my last bag of candy or this is my last bowl of ice cream but we say it over and over every week and 30 pounds later we weigh more than we have ever weighed. We feel like crap and we have no one to blame but ourselves. Start today and make a decision to become the best that you can be. 

Why we fail?

We usually fail because we make excuses
-I tried for a few days but it's hard
-I had one bad day and then I gave up
-I became discouraged because I was not seeing results fast enough
-My new years goals were too lofty 
-I'll try again next year
-I would have done better if my husband or wife were more supportive
-I would have done it if I didn't have kids
-I was sick and gained some weight back
-I... insert lame excuse here!!!!

"A year from now you will wish you had started TODAY" Karen Lamb

How many days will you wait to make a choice to be in the best shape of your life? 
Will you wait until the next new year to stop procrastinating? 
Will you wait several months to do it?

Will you continually say this every day for the rest of your life until you are dead?

How much more weight would you have lost if you had made up your mind to put in the hard work that you needed to do. If you would have made the decision to change your life last year when you made your new years goals to lose 10 pounds you would already be there. The choices you make today impact everything that you do from here on out. I know that you didn't decide to be fat or out of shape. You started down a wrong path a while ago but today is the day you can CHANGE. I love Star Wars and that is why I put the next quote in here. I hope it inspires you to make the change that you need to make in your life. Decide to make this "New Years Goals" a command instead of another go at it. Choose to start down a new path, don't let fear, or excuses hold you back from achieving your destiny. I know it sounds cheesy but it is the truth.

"If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will" Yoda

Here is an awesome starting workout that you can do anywhere. 

I have included 3 different exercises for each one the first is the beginner the second is intermediate and the third is advanced. Choose one exercise in each number and do it for 30 seconds as many times as you can with good form. Rest for 15 seconds and start the next exercise.
Tempo 30-15 4 rounds with minimal rest and as many reps with good form.

1. Chest Press with weights, Pushup, Clap Pushup
2. Split Squat, Prisoner Lunge, Jummping Lunges (switch legs on each jump)
3. Modified Jumping Jack, Jumping Jacks, Seal Jacks
4. Knee Raises, Power knee (speed), Knee and push kick 
5. Walk hands up to chest, Burpee, Burpee with pushup

The problem is that we don't change the habits that led us to where we are now. Make a choice to start today not tomorrow or on the New Year because if you put it off you will never start.

Dedicated to helping you become your best self,

Ben Myslenksi




No comments:

Post a Comment